Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Planes taxies buses oh my!


I want to apoligize in advance for not capitalizing my "I"s or the starting letter of the sentance. i am typing on my ipad and it doesnt correct those automaticly and frankly i don't have to go and fix all of them, and to fix them while i type would ttake me to long to type something. so this is how it will be most of the time. i hope you understand.  

Hola todos. I am sorry i was not able to write sooner i have been really busy lately  and when i have free time i have been napping, because my internal clock is still off track a little bit. Also I only have internet at home... and i'm not home often, and when i do go home its for a meal or to sleep and then i'm out the door running off to the next thing. 

 
(me with my parents before getting on the plane... i look really bad here becuase i didnt want to do my make or hair for the long travels i had ahead of me.. my parents lookk good though in this picture) 


ok so for starters the plane ride was ok. it was 7 hours long... they had free movies that were just released, and really good food (dinner and breakfast) the only complaints i have about it was that it was nearly impossible for me to fall asleep and because we were flying through storms it was not the smoothest of rides.. lol 

 
(this is the plane or better know as the "air bus" by my family. it is huge compared to the other planes on the platform)



i met an older women and her husband on the plane. she had studied aboard in Spain when she was in college and now this was her 15th time back the the country. she was adorable, she told me a couple of stories about her experience and how she still talks to everyone that was on the trip with her at that time, and actually her reason for returning this time was to attend a wedding of someone's kid that was on the trip with her. 

I also met another girl on the plane, she had done the same program that i am doing right now a couple years back (pienso que hace 4 aƱos) and now she is going to grad school in Spain and has lived her for 3 or 4 years now. This is her last year of grad school and she doesn't know where she wants to live after that... in Spain or in the U.S.

after the plan i took a taxi to the bus station. the bus ride was 5 and a half hours long... Oh my gosh... it was horrible. worse than the plane ride. the surroundings were beautiful, i had never seen so many olive trees in my life, but the bus ride was just too long after a 7 hour plane ride. Also i spent the longest time having to go to the bathroom really bad and being scared to ask the bus driver to stop for me. "i didn't want to make the whole bus stop for me, the stupid american.." well we were 2 and a half hours in and i couldn't take it anymore so i asked the girl next to me what a person does of they need to go to the bathroom... she told me they go down the stairs and use the bathroom... wow... I don't think i have moved faster in my life. "stairs? really? ok!" well sure enough i went down the 3 short stairs and used the bathroom. 
 
then after the bus i took a taxi to the hotel, which was beautiful by the way! i went for a sandwich and was off to bed way early that night. in the morning started the beginning of a program i will never 
forget. 
(my view for the hotel room) 

 
(i wanted to share this interresting thing with all of you. Ok so this is the entrance of my hotel room. In order for all the light to work in the room i needed to have my keycard in that holder type thing pictured on the top left. also the other squares are the light switches, this is hhow almost all the swtiches look here. Also for most of the places here the swtich is outside the room that you are in. for example that switch on the right is for the bathroom, its right next to the door before you enter the bathroom. it really funny how they do that.) 


No comments:

Post a Comment