Wednesday, September 10, 2014

My Host Family!

As most of you know the thing i was the most scared about was my host family. Well thank you evryone for your prayer and support becuase i got a good one. Something to keep in mind, when you think family you are probably thinking husband, wife, children and a pet... Well the reality of a family like that being able to have room and time for an exchange student pretty much doesn't exist here. All the families are composed of an older women and maybe a older host sibling and maybe a dog or cat if your lucky. 

Well my host mom's name is Paqui, I dont know how old she is, she looks young, but i know she is older than she looks, and i cant ask her becuase that is rude. My host brother's name is Danoi its short for something common in spain... i can't remember what though... but i do know that he is 26 and studing political science. That age sounds old to still be in school in the states, but here he is right on track. 

So far there has only been one meal that Paqui has made that i didnt like, it was some weird chicken thing... I was like in this interesting sauce that tasted like beef and then in had grapes and figs in it... and they stirred in frenchh fries... I pretty much only at the french fries that night. 

If you have been following my blog from the start you should remember that i said i brought my own peanut butter with me to spain because they dont have it here... Well this is a funny story... So I showed and explained the peanut butter to my host mom, while i was explaining it she was making a weird face.. she didn't like the idea of it. Well when I left the kitchen i accidently left the peanut butter in there and i went to my room to get something. i came back no more than 2 minutes later and she had put the peanut butter in the hall... 

Hmm what else to tell you about...? 

I live on the river in an apratment building that is a 10-15 minute walk from the school. 
(the river, my buliding is parallel to the river.) 

Two other girls fromthe program live close to me; one in the same building and the other the building over: Frances and  Danielle, we walk to school everyday together. 

Frances's host mom and mine are friends, so for the first night the 4 of us all went out for drinks and tapas. This was really cool becuase a lot of the other kid's families just made them dinner and then went to bed. I really liked how they spent extra time with us and showed us the town. I found it to be more respectful and I think it bridge the "awkwardness" gap a lot faster. 

I got really lucky! 

No comments:

Post a Comment