Sunday, November 2, 2014

Finally lived the dream: Barcelona Baby!!!

Throughout the years of studying Spanish, I have always learned about Barcelona and seen pictures of its art as beauty. Ever since the first time I saw Guadí 's work I dreamed of traveling there to see it and touch it in person. And on Oct 9, 2014, my 21st birthday I finally lived my dream of seeing Barcelona in person. It was beautiful!!!! Words cannot describe my emotions inside. It was like that summer fling with the boy you had a crush on for years. Your tummy has butterflies in it, a weird feeling but you can't help but love it. Your brain is always wondering what will come next; surprise, awe and adventure? When it happens the feeling that is triggered in your heart is a pull that wants to pull you deeper and deeper in love with it!!!


 
plaza catalunya  


 
Boqueria Mercadona 




 
Pinya Rosa 
This is a whole park for Cactus 

A beautiful view of the city 

The Olympic Stadium  


Fountain in front of the Olympic Stadium 

 
The famous art Museum Building 

 
Parque Guell frog

21 because I spent my 21st Birthday in Barcelona 

 
The details here are amazing 









Now Starts the Sagrada Familia 

The Sagrada Familia is a church built by Antonio Gaudi. It has yet to be finished. It is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. I can honestly say that it brought me to tears. I stopped to say a prayer in the designated area, and that's when it happened. It was a rush of God's presence and beauty that this church holds.  

 
sorry it's sideways I dont really know how to fix it 


 
Side Doors 

 


 
Stain glass work in here is describable 





FC Barcelona 








More amazing Architecture  


 
The first house Guadi built, and yes people do live in it. 

 


 
Casa Batllo 





Ps for those of you who know the La Pedrera... it was under construction so I couldn't get a picture of it. 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, breadth taking, what a chapter in your book of experiences. Miss you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. and I can't believe you jumped off that cliff! mommy

    ReplyDelete